Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wedding Day: The Bride

Oh my god. What a beautiful cake. What an incredibly beautiful cake. It's pink. I'm soooooo excited for this. I'm married! I hope I made the right choice in Bradley. He's cute and all, but we did kind of rush into this. I couldn't say no when he proposed though! Then I was going to tell him I maybe wasn't ready to get married, but I never got around to it. I'm sure everything will be fine. He's a great guy. With his grace, charm, and sophisticated beauty. Plus his great taste in jewelry. And cakes! It's magnificent. I wonder what it's like to be a cake. Probably boring. Yep, really boring. And dead. Cakes are dead. Oh, but here's the first dance! Aw, look at Bradley, he's nervous. Actually, I'm pretty nervous too. These high heels are so hard to walk in, I hope my hair looks okay. Oh, but here we go. We dance, we twirl, we fly, to the beautiful jazzy rhythms of the band Bradley liked. Actually, he was kind of domineering while we planned our wedding. But no matter, I'm sure it's not a sign of anything. It's just the stress. I love him so much. At least I think I do. Oh my! They're bringing out the cake! That beautiful, pink and white cake that Bradley liked.
"Oh Bradley, don't lead me to the cake so fast, or I shall trip on my heels!"
"Not to worry dearest. They look lovely. As do you."
"I love you ,Bradley."
"I love you , dearest. Pass me the knife, Dearest, I'm going to cut the cake now."
"Yes, Bradley."
And he cut the cake. Past the pink and white frosting, into the rich, lovely white interior. That must hurt if you're the cake. Like having a chunk of your leg carved out of you. But I sha'n't think such thoughts. Oh, he's feeding me cake. It's good cake. Bradley was right. He's always right, he tells me so. Oh, now they're taking the top layer off the cake. That must hurt if you're the cake. Like having one's head plucked off one's body with a giant hand. It would kill you too. Now that cake is very much dead. Oh bother, Bradley tells me never to think that way. He says it's unhealthy. And Bradley is always right, he told me so........

No comments: